1995-01-17 - Re: Scientologys Attempts

Header Data

From: danisch@ira.uka.de (Hadmut Danisch)
To: quester@eskimo.com
Message Hash: 9f59e51b0ec7fac1c3650ccd6f2973f33c767de5c10244bc54d390f03dd21ec3
Message ID: <9501171221.AA06681@elysion.iaks.ira.uka.de>
Raw Date: Tue, 17 Jan 95 04:23:00 PST

Raw message

From: danisch@ira.uka.de (Hadmut Danisch)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 95 04:23:00 PST
To: quester@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: Scientologys Attempts

> After reading the lawyer's threatening letter I tried to check out the
> two newsgroups mentioned, and was told they do not exist.  (This is not a
> local filter here; Eskimo does not censor newsgroups.)

They still exist at our local server (E.I.S.S., University of Karlsruhe,
Germany) and contain messages (even from America). Seems as they were
successfull in deleting the group at some servers.

> So have they been
> deleted?  If so, by whom and how?

Find out...

> What is 'rmgroup' and

The usenet method to remove groups. A special message
with a control line in the header.

> who has the
> authority to remove alt. groups?

Don't know...