1995-01-05 - Re: Remailer Abuse

Header Data

From: nelson@crynwr.com (Russell Nelson)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a3138211aeefff9194d4e77558e3adc34c33cf58db5d7b972a99f91bd62a19a2
Message ID: <m0rPrN8-0008ZFC@crynwr.crynwr.com>
Reply To: <9501050453.AA10198@tadpole.tadpole.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-05 12:29:02 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 5 Jan 95 04:29:02 PST

Raw message

From: nelson@crynwr.com (Russell Nelson)
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 95 04:29:02 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Remailer Abuse

   From: db@Tadpole.COM (Doug Barnes)
   Date: Wed, 4 Jan 1995 22:11:11 -0600 (CST)

   Heh. An anonymous remailer paid for by credit card... there'd
   have to be an additional level of indirection for it to work,
   which would make the methods for tracking those who don't pay
   quite problematic.

Why wouldn't it work?  I plan on doing this, and I'll be selling lots
of things besides a remailer, including lots of email traffic.  So
there won't be any effective way to find out who paid for access to my
remailer.

Sure, I'll know who used it, but I'm not going to keep that
information.  (Yes, yes, FV says that I have to keep records of who
bought what, but I'll label all my information with a random number,
that simply says that X bought information worth Y, not *what*
information.)  And if you don't trust a remailer operator, then you
won't use it.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>    http://www.crynwr.com/crynwr/nelson.html
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | ask4 PGP key

Thread