1995-01-09 - Re: AT&T produces video encryptor – is it clipper based?

Header Data

From: Matt Blaze <mab@research.att.com>
To: perry@imsi.com
Message Hash: ac2b95b4bf3e9b48a608799d6823adaf21a41363f14298d7589e0e7fc927bf0b
Message ID: <9501091944.AA07520@merckx.info.att.com>
Reply To: <9501091904.AA19196@webster.imsi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-09 21:10:05 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 9 Jan 95 13:10:05 PST

Raw message

From: Matt Blaze <mab@research.att.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 95 13:10:05 PST
To: perry@imsi.com
Subject: Re: AT&T produces video encryptor -- is it clipper based?

>I just saw a story go by on the dow jones wire saying that AT&T had
>developed a "comprehensive security system for commercial information
>services". It is said to be an encryption system developed jointly by
>Bell Labs and VLSI, and its intedned for set-top boxes and "the
>internet". VLSI was one of the contractors on Clipper. Anyone know if
>this is an "escrowed" system? Anyone know any other details?
>

>Perry

I wasn't involved in this product, but i know the people who are.  No, It's
not clipper based.  It's beimngh announced (right now) at the rsa
cinference (which I'm at tat the moment).

More later

-matt

Thread