1995-01-17 - Re: Another problem w/Data Havens…

Header Data

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c4c0824d62e5ffd2cfa2722f6fef9f9c0aae45a1179a6bee279671bc960c1895
Message ID: <199501172130.NAA06966@largo.remailer.net>
Reply To: <Chameleon.4.01.950116182254.jcorgan@jcorgan.sj.scruznet.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-17 21:30:48 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 17 Jan 95 13:30:48 PST

Raw message

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 95 13:30:48 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Another problem w/Data Havens...

   From: Johnathan Corgan <jcorgan@scruznet.com>

   It just occurred to me when reading this another method for ensuring the
   "I can't tell what's in it" condition with a data haven operator.  Why not
   use a secret sharing system where the contraband data is split into a number
   of pieces and sent to different havens?
   [...]
   Ok, Eric, go ahead and blast your holes in this argument :)

How do you know that what you the operator of the storage service gets
was generated by secret sharing?

The suggestion of having certificates that say "I encrypted this" are
interesting, but merely transfer the problem onto that signer.

Eric

Thread