1995-01-27 - Re: CERT statement

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: Marc Horowitz <marc@cam.ov.com>
Message Hash: ca97e0e85312f2272b34749d16fb797a083b0bdd6d7d7ecd33a92e8b15520610
Message ID: <9501270006.AA17831@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <9501262142.AA07376@dun-dun-noodles.cam.ov.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-01-27 00:07:07 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 26 Jan 95 16:07:07 PST

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 95 16:07:07 PST
To: Marc Horowitz <marc@cam.ov.com>
Subject: Re: CERT statement

Marc Horowitz says:
> You're exactly right.  However, getting people to deploy real security
> systems is nearly impossible.  My company sells a kerberos system, and
> although everyone is saying they want security, nobody really
> understands what this means, and as soon as we tell them that it
> actually involves effort, they become far less interested.

Kerberos per se isn't sufficient to defend against session hijacking
attacks, you know. The situation in question is really insidious and
requires packet-by-packet cryptographic authentication.

Perry

Thread