1995-01-27 - Re: Mixmaster and remailers

Header Data

From: Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d2ec8b4e2cb7b4b58be3f4bf674a082b378d670ed221d2f0e5c6b37295a777db
Message ID: <199501271823.KAA19858@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 10:24:04 PST

Raw message

From: Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 10:24:04 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re:  Mixmaster and remailers

From: lcottrell@popmail.ucsd.edu (Lance Cottrell)
> Even if you are using a perfect network of remailers, you can still be
> tracked. Only so many messages pass through the network of remailers in any
> given day. If Alice sending a message usualy correlates with Bob receiving
> a message, it is likely that she is sending messages to him. This was
> discussed in some detail in several messages by Hal and Louis Cypher.

Actually I don't think I considered this aspect of the problem.  Probably
you are thinking of Wei Dai's posts along with LC's.

Hal

Thread