1995-01-23 - Re: Data Vaults (vs. Data Havens)

Header Data

From: wcs@anchor.ho.att.com
To: eric@remailer.net
Message Hash: db8257ca8ec4fd4e0c0d76db46316e20df5b87b4e6bb365a71a6429bbc664308
Message ID: <9501232223.AA18759@anchor.ho.att.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 23 Jan 95 14:26:36 PST

Raw message

From: wcs@anchor.ho.att.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 95 14:26:36 PST
To: eric@remailer.net
Subject: Re: Data Vaults (vs. Data Havens)

Tim and Eric write things like:
> I fully concur.  The connotations of the word "haven" imply activities
> that ordinary people don't see themselves doing.  This means that
> ordinary people won't generally use something called a "haven", even
> if they might use exactly the same service called something else.

We can always call them "Private Storage Servers" or some such;
an interesting question is whether the main uses will be
for retrieval by the storer, or by someone else, or by a bunch of others,
and how we describe the service may affect that.
		Bill

Thread