1995-01-23 - Re: AA + Anonymous ECash = Unhappy Fundies

Header Data

From: wcs@anchor.ho.att.com
To: ben@Tux.Music.ASU.Edu
Message Hash: fc64593bdb5b64eb9947e226f70fdd108f8fa71aee9765ce0cbb79535fb2f7a6
Message ID: <9501232247.AA19217@anchor.ho.att.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 23 Jan 95 14:49:51 PST

Raw message

From: wcs@anchor.ho.att.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 95 14:49:51 PST
To: ben@Tux.Music.ASU.Edu
Subject: Re: AA + Anonymous ECash = Unhappy Fundies

> > It strikes me that this would be the perfect way to generate
> > consumer interest in anonymous digital cash protocols [. . . .]

> The "cause" will do much better if the first major association is made
> with something much less controversial.  Girl Scout cookies, say.

Girl Scout Cookies do crumble a bit when crammed through the net,
and it's tough to deliver them to anonymous locations, unlike bits.
And there are moral concerns there as well - not only do their
"butter cookies" use non-butter shortening (:-), but there's the
problem that it turns the Girl Scouts into a crass commercial enterprise,
just another division of Nabisco, instead of teaching the kids that
hard work will get them a 7 percent margin on their sales.

On the other hand, being able to have Girl Scout cookies or flowers
sent by anonymous donors may go over well in some circles...

		Bill

Thread