1995-02-06 - Re: Cooperation

Header Data

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3516020ae4e1932f156464487b22714ec35812469f259226631315ba2da1f7d6
Message ID: <199502062011.MAA19947@largo.remailer.net>
Reply To: <199502061651.IAA02758@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-02-06 20:13:17 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 6 Feb 95 12:13:17 PST

Raw message

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 95 12:13:17 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re:  Cooperation

   From: Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com>

   I do like the idea of standards.  In fact I wonder if the current "mark
   1" remailer command set shouldn't be documented as an Internet RFC.

If an RFC is issued, I personally would like to clean up the syntax
and get the remailer operators to upgrade accordingly.

In particular, I chose Request-Remailing-To: as a purposefully obtuse
experimental name.  It deserves to die.

My preferences are for the following:

Anon-Send-To: for anonymized email
Send-To: for normal forwarded email
Anon-Post-To: for anonymized Usenet posting
Post-To: for a regular mail-to-Usenet gateway

I want to capture the distinction between Usenet and email as well as
to support plain forwarding of text for people with connectivity
problems.

Eric

Thread