1995-02-06 - Re: MD5 coding

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@bwh.harvard.edu>
To: philip@cs.brandeis.edu (Philip Trauring)
Message Hash: 3e0699d5feae693ff81473ab42755887bc6e5c2b3288dc0240678ca06edeec1b
Message ID: <199502061946.OAA00186@hermes.bwh.harvard.edu>
Reply To: <ab5c1c670202100461ba@[129.64.123.61]>
UTC Datetime: 1995-02-06 19:43:50 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 6 Feb 95 11:43:50 PST

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@bwh.harvard.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 95 11:43:50 PST
To: philip@cs.brandeis.edu (Philip Trauring)
Subject: Re: MD5 coding

| I am looking to put together an MD5 message digest program and have
| extracted the MD5.c and MD5.h files from PGP(excerpt of the MD5.h file
| below) but I'm not sure how it all works. Can someone who is familiar with
| the functions and the data structure please e-mail me with a bit of
| guidance as to what each one does and how to implement it. If anyone can
| lead me to a good description of the processes involved I would appreciate
| that too. Thanks.

	I seem to recall that md5 is explained pretty well in
Schneier.  You may be doing this to learn, which is great, but you
might be pleased to know that there are several md5 programs already
available.  Tripwire includes one, and there was one included in a
CERT/CIAC advisory last year.

Adam

						       -Hume

Thread