1995-02-06 - Re: dna ink

Header Data

From: Robert Rothenburg Walking-Owl <rrothenb@ic.sunysb.edu>
To: harmon@tenet.edu (Dan Harmon)
Message Hash: 8851f4bb61cf3af55a9a4318ae021103c8445580e97772593cdb54d0ae3c0866
Message ID: <199502061003.FAA01784@libws4.ic.sunysb.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9502052222.B22385-0100000@Joyce-Perkins.tenet.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1995-02-06 10:03:53 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 6 Feb 95 02:03:53 PST

Raw message

From: Robert Rothenburg Walking-Owl <rrothenb@ic.sunysb.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 95 02:03:53 PST
To: harmon@tenet.edu (Dan Harmon)
Subject: Re: dna ink

> I just saw an item on CNN about a company in LA called Art Guard.  It
> sells an ink that is created using your dna as a protection against
> forged signatures.
>
> Interesting.

Yes, I've seen that too. They insisted it will always be secure, especially
if one keeps changing the ink...

...probably will be until DNA cloning becomes cheap and accessible...

BTW, I think that company also had other ideas to use cheap cloning technology
such as distributing icons of famous people (Jerry Garcia was an example) that
had bits of their DNA in them...

> Dan

Rob

Thread