1995-02-14 - What is the power of the FIPS

Header Data

From: Peter F Cassidy <pcassidy@world.std.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8b2419cd7a6fab838d2c94f2156d8e1cda32eeb5ef5cd1324a89b063604d53c0
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9502131927.B13826-0100000@world.std.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 13 Feb 95 16:12:14 PST

Raw message

From: Peter F Cassidy <pcassidy@world.std.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 95 16:12:14 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: What *is* the power of the FIPS

Friends,
-	My editor from the Covert Action Quarterly called with a question
on a piece I've authored on the NSA's involvement in the development of
the digital telephony bill. I animated the characters and campaign
strategies in this narrative common to the clipper and DT initiatives. In
that, taking about Clipper I mentioned its rise as a FIPS, etc.
-	QUESTION: Just what is the power of the FIPS outside of the
interop issues in sending stuff back and forth from federal agencies?

Thread