1995-02-14 - Re: EPIC to Debate Exon on CNN

Header Data

From: skaplin@mirage.skypoint.com (Samuel Kaplin)
To: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 8db8d237d1a16199160cdda0fdc58baeb90648428a617744a7dfeb16dd1f6ad3
Message ID: <m0reFsV-0001f7C@skypoint.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 13 Feb 95 21:33:13 PST

Raw message

From: skaplin@mirage.skypoint.com (Samuel Kaplin)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 95 21:33:13 PST
To: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: EPIC to Debate Exon on CNN

>On Mon, 13 Feb 1995, Samuel Kaplin wrote:
>>  A sellout was offered a
>> la EFF and DT. Mr. Rotenberg seemed ill prepared and not really
>> interested in the issue.
>
>You expected something different from "EPIC"?
>
>Cypherpunks are supposed to be paranoid.  You are
>not paranoid enough.

I don't think paranoia has anything to do with it. I just expect people to
do the job that they are supposed to do. IMHO Mr. Rotenberg didn't do his
job as well as he should have. I saw numerous opportunities to score salient
points and he didn't. What Senator Exon says and what the bill says are two
different things. I got the feeling that Senator Exon didn't even understand
the ramifications of the bill. The unfortunate part is Joe Blow on the
street isn't going to read the bill. He's going to rely on what he has
heard. In my opinion Mr. Rottenberg didn't correct Senator Exon forcefully
enough. The consumate politician triumphed.

Sam

Thread