1995-02-08 - Re: a new way to do anonymity

Header Data

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a81b7194b13e9d8cfc5ab02dc8bfe1a0ca057d2a88826f8ae7985e7482c985e1
Message ID: <199502080409.UAA22376@largo.remailer.net>
Reply To: <199502080132.AA26151@mail.eskimo.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-02-08 04:10:39 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 7 Feb 95 20:10:39 PST

Raw message

From: eric@remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 95 20:10:39 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: a new way to do anonymity

   From: "Wei Dai" <weidai@eskimo.com>

   P.S. I never gave a name for the protocol... let's call it Pipe-net.

I don't think we really need a separate name for it just yet.  The
idea is composed of two pretty much independent elements: packet
forwarding and virtual link encryption.  These can be implemented
separately and then combined to yield the kind of network interaction
described.

Getting the details right will be difficult, and I'd suggest that is
where the discussion might profitably turn next.

Eric

Thread