1995-02-07 - Re: alt.religion.your.operating.system.sucks

Header Data

From: Christopher E Stefan <flatline@u.washington.edu>
To: Name Withheld By Request <cs000rrs@selway.umt.edu>
Message Hash: c9df46212b128cf226273dec6675ffa7d1976cb585d04d505e08dd9bf94952b9
Message ID: <Pine.A32.3.91c.950206190403.47399A-100000@mead2.u.washington.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.ULT.3.91.950130063546.13138C-100000@selway.umt.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1995-02-07 03:13:47 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 6 Feb 95 19:13:47 PST

Raw message

From: Christopher E Stefan <flatline@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 95 19:13:47 PST
To: Name Withheld By Request <cs000rrs@selway.umt.edu>
Subject: Re: alt.religion.your.operating.system.sucks

On Mon, 30 Jan 1995, Name Withheld By Request wrote:

> Does this stupid OS flamewar have *anything* to do with cypher? No.
>
> Could it *PLEASE* be taken somewhere else?

Yea, like the UNIX-HATERS mailing list, or the appropriate
comp.*.advocacy group.

I read this list to hear about *cypherpunks*, and while it is true that a
good cypherpunk will write code, he/she should do so under the OS of
his/her choice and not engage in OS holy wars.  There need to be good
cypherpunk tools for *ALL* operating systems/enviroments, flaming people
over their operating system is not a good way to accomplish this.

--
Christopher E Stefan  *  flatline@u.washington.edu  *  PGP 2.6ui key by request

Thread