1995-02-09 - IQ & such

Header Data

From: Nathan Zook <nzook@bga.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f4b0c98cfe48e628b5d2b9b4a016cc524684f6a69841faa5d5189d5e4330be26
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9502090646.F21224-0100000@lia.bga.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 9 Feb 95 04:03:20 PST

Raw message

From: Nathan Zook <nzook@bga.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 95 04:03:20 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: IQ & such

For what it's worth, I have a tested IQ of 151.  While I am capable of
being trained to perform certain feats quite rapidly via methods that
"average" people don't understand, this is a far cry from the 30-point
never-can-be-explained claim made earlier.  There is one task that I have
observed an intuitive bonus on, but I have _never_ been unable to explain
the methods used to anyone that expressed intrest.

I once multiplied two 45 (decimal) digit numbers with no intermediate work
on a challenge.  I claim that my methods could be explained with no trouble
to almost anyone who can multiply two two digit number--I believe that they
are essentially the standard ones for multiprecision multiplication.

Nathan

A reasoning machine, in the shape of a man, but with no conscious, is not
truly human.
--paraphrase from a letter to the Editor in a Mensa publication

Thread