1995-07-27 - Re: Three strikes you’re out! for politicians… yeah we wish!

Header Data

From: hal9001@panix.com (Robert A. Rosenberg)
To: Scott Brickner <sjb@austin.ibm.com>
Message Hash: 1b5ae286e4abedcd356e37a8adcceba32846b4d4e9bc4bb9d5ef3f812a26f0ee
Message ID: <v02130500ac3c612078f3@[166.84.254.3]>
Raw Date: Wed, 26 Jul 95 20:31:23 PDT

Raw message

From: hal9001@panix.com (Robert A. Rosenberg)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 95 20:31:23 PDT
To: Scott Brickner <sjb@austin.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: Three strikes you're out! for politicians... yeah we wish!

At 10:27 7/26/95, Scott Brickner wrote:
>In message <2751@umlaw.demon.co.uk> Michael Froomkin writes:
>>> Therefore, the only organization which can hold a
>>> senator/representative liable for passing a bad law is the one which
>>> passed the law. :(
>
>>and the voters
>
>Not in the sense of being able to punish him.  The voters may only
>withold their support in the next election.  Not nearly enough to
>deter morons like Exon.

Who, unless I'm confusing him with someone-else, is not going to stand for
reelection and thus can run amuck with no possible fall-out from the
voters.

Thread