1995-07-13 - Re: Crisis Overload (re Electronic Racketeering)

Header Data

From: Connie Sadler <SADLER_C@HOSP.STANFORD.EDU>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2ad1080034c08b7ceb06c3632b4d437e427ca62aecb066f96d2e9e23ab75c709
Message ID: <B332ZVVSI9JDN*SADLER_C@SHS.STANFORD.EDU>
Raw Date: Thu, 13 Jul 95 12:51:38 PDT

Raw message

From: Connie Sadler <SADLER_C@HOSP.STANFORD.EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 95 12:51:38 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Crisis Overload (re Electronic Racketeering)

Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 12:27:18 PDT
A1-type: DOCUMENT

>On July 13, 1995, Robert Hayden said:

>Unfortunately, a system of social engineering needs to be adopted to get
>massive use of cryptography started.  This means, and I advocated this
>from the day I entered this forum, that programs such as PGP need to be
>redesigned so that the a user friendly . . . so user friendly that any
>Joe Moron can figure out not only how to use them, but also how it helps
>them and how it is "good" for them.  This means that we need simplified
>key management easy enough for the point-and-click masses to utilize.

>Unfortuately, all I can do is stand on the sidelines and cheer, because I
>am not a programmer; I'm a user and a teacher.

Well put! I agree wholeheartedly! I have friends who are mostly teachers and
writers who are interested in encryption from what I've told them, but their
computer knowledge is pretty much limited to their word processors. A good
user interface would do wonders for spreading the use of PGP. Unfortunately
I am not a programmer either, but I am being motivated to become one. If
only there was more time...

Connie

Thread