1995-07-29 - Re: Sat phone permit “wire”taps

Header Data

From: Censored Girls Anonymous <carolab@censored.org>
To: Brian Davis <bdavis@thepoint.net>
Message Hash: 3133ebfb843cff740cffd24bd2612ad5f086a412c6a0d5128b105c446d40aac8
Message ID: <Pine.BSI.3.91.950729045012.23165A-100000@usr1.primenet.com>
Reply To: <Pine.D-G.3.91.950728133852.23404F-100000@dg.thepoint.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-07-29 10:00:55 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 29 Jul 95 03:00:55 PDT

Raw message

From: Censored Girls Anonymous <carolab@censored.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 95 03:00:55 PDT
To: Brian Davis <bdavis@thepoint.net>
Subject: Re: Sat phone permit "wire"taps

I've been arrested too amy times, an done enough local, state, and
federal time to know. If THEY want it, THEY will GET IT.
Consitiution or no. Just like most of us here.

And....if ya can't get it right away, ya keep hacking at it
until YA DO GET IT. It's really that simple. They do it, we do it.

The satellites are no different than anything else.

Next case........

Love Always,

Carol Anne

On Fri, 28 Jul 1995, Brian Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jul 1995, Phil Fraering wrote:
> >    From: Ted_Anderson@transarc.com
> >    I found these paragraphs in a recent Space News interesting.  They were
> >    at the end of an article titled "Military Officials Open To Using
> >    Civilian Links" in the July 3rd issue.
> >      "Iridium, Globalstar, Inmarsat-P and Odyssey all plan to include
> >    features to permit authorized eavesdropping, officials said.
> Did you miss this word?  While I suspect that you don't like Title III
> wiretaps, they are legal at present.  The above contemplates legal
> wiretaps on some phone service that might otherwise be outside the reach
> of legal wiretaps.
> > It's a pity that the military has decided that in its zeal to listen
> > in on phone calls, that national security is an expendable asset.
> The military is not authorized to listen in to any phone calls they want
> to hear.  Otherwise, everyone on the list, including me, would probably
> be in some hidden military prison.
>
> :-)  for the humor-impaired.

Member Internet Society - Certified BETSI Programmer - WWW Page Creation
Carol Anne Braddock         <--now running linux 1.0.9 for your pleasure
carolann@censored.org             __  __     ____  ___       ___ ____
carolab@primenet.com             /__)/__) / / / / /_  /\  / /_    /
carolb@spring.com               /   / \  / / / / /__ /  \/ /___  /
A great place to start