1995-07-12 - Re: Don’t trust the net too much

Header Data

From: Doug Hughes <Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU>
To: perry@imsi.com
Message Hash: 41bed0fcbe7625757a954b6f13f9500893f8a3a30e72bde81ce5eecab019e9f8
Message ID: <doug-9506121459.AA0062320@netman.eng.auburn.edu>
Reply To: <9507121444.AA10523@snark.imsi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-07-12 15:00:17 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 12 Jul 95 08:00:17 PDT

Raw message

From: Doug Hughes <Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 95 08:00:17 PDT
To: perry@imsi.com
Subject: Re: Don't trust the net too much

Hmm.. I'm not sure I'd want to stand too close when one of those
things goes off, but it would be an interesting demo. :)

Maybe behind an EM shield.. ;)
I think there was a question of some microelectronics being permenently
damaged because of fusion at the MOS level (burning through the gate), so
it might have to be a disposable machine in a place where no other machines
are near. It would depend on the magnitude of the charge (and hence cost
of the weapon). It might take a very expensive one to do this, or maybe
not...

Doug Hughes					Engineering Network Services
System/Net Admin  				Auburn University
			doug@eng.auburn.edu
		"Real programmers use cat > file.as"

Thread