1995-07-19 - Mandatory key registration

Header Data

From: hoz@univel.telescan.com (rick hoselton)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4cf3fb4788c8cf49d6f86e8be5910872aa713089fc5ff8272c0d4a5c4ab6ba8d
Message ID: <9507190156.AA00268@toad.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 18 Jul 95 18:56:48 PDT

Raw message

From: hoz@univel.telescan.com (rick hoselton)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 95 18:56:48 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Mandatory key registration

In the event of legally required key registration,
I would like to continue to use PGP.  My private RSA
key is my own business, so I would like to comply
with the requirements by registering my IDEA keys
instead.  There are approximately 2**128 of them, and
I'm not quite sure which one will be used next, so
can I just register ALL of them?  Can I do this on-line?
If all the cypherpunks use the same key set, must we each
register all of them, or will a single list do?
Rick F. Hoselton  (who doesn't claim to present opinions for others)

Thread