1995-07-31 - Re: Sex & Crime TV filter

Header Data

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5d80fb52f6364b63381f79ed8fd43013c551fa3f48a23b7bb5abf909231e1d69
Message ID: <v02120d02ac42cc114f88@[199.0.65.105]>
Raw Date: Mon, 31 Jul 95 11:13:27 PDT

Raw message

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 95 11:13:27 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Sex & Crime TV filter

I could agree to a private filtering mechanism where each program
broadcasts an ID number.

A chip on the set reads this info from the dark band between frames or
someplace.

Private agencies rate the programs by whatever criteria sells ("Bikinis &
Beer", "Motherhood and Apple Pie", whatever), and people load those
rating/show lookups into their set off of the net or wherever...

Certainly the government shouldn't reqire anything. The government couldn't
find its ass with both hands. I bet this scheme could sell on an
information value-added basis alone.

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com)
Shipwright Development Corporation, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131
USA (617) 323-7923
"Reality is not optional." --Thomas Sowell

Thread