1995-07-14 - Re: Fight, or Roll Over?

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8934c9fca0c05404c0fd7ed408030eb78a9c2934b9ba78801d01feb923ae09d2
Message ID: <9507140224.AA13439@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <ac2af3ed010210041c19@[205.199.118.202]>
UTC Datetime: 1995-07-14 02:24:19 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 13 Jul 95 19:24:19 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 95 19:24:19 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Fight, or Roll Over?

Someone says:
> By causing us to go into paroxysms of activity every time they throw a new
> piece of legislation over the transom, we dissipate our efforts in more
> promising areas.

Er, heh?

1) 95% of the people on this list write no code and participate in no
   design activities, so they have no efforts to dissipate.
2) If there was a lobbying effort, the most participation anyone in
   the "we" above would end up doing is throwing cash at some
   Washington firm. I doubt that anyone would be involved directly, so
   how does this "disspiapate our efforts"?
3) What you mean "we", kimosabe?

.pm

Thread