1995-07-31 - Re: Zimmermann legal fund

Header Data

From: stewarts@ix.netcom.com (Bill Stewart)
To: nsb@nsb.fv.com
Message Hash: d4f3be0bf5355f04f2bab91d033628f8cefb5cebdf44360a45f6b7a17968edde
Message ID: <199507310635.XAA25441@ix9.ix.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 30 Jul 95 23:38:36 PDT

Raw message

From: stewarts@ix.netcom.com (Bill Stewart)
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 95 23:38:36 PDT
To: nsb@nsb.fv.com
Subject: Re: Zimmermann legal fund

At 02:23 PM 7/30/95 EDT, nsb@nsb.fv.com wrote:
>To pay into non-US accounts, we need to establish banking relationships in
>other venues.  For the most part, we need to do it one country at a time,
>which is awesomely time-consuming .....
>Remember, the requirement is not that you be in the US, but rather than you
>have an account in a US bank.  This is not all that hard for a non-US
>citizen to do **IF** you can show up physically at a US bank.  Thus, if
>there's a US bank that has an office near you, you can walk in and open an
>account to which deposits can be made through the US direct-deposit system,
>and  you're in business with FV.

Aren't there some banks or similar companies that are world-wide,
but have US branches?  I think SwissBankCorp or somebody like that
has an office in San Francisco; would it be possible for you to transfer
money to someone with an account there who's really in, say, Switzerland
or the UK or Hong Kong?
#---
#                                Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, Freelance Information Architect, stewarts@ix.netcom.com
# Phone +1-510-247-0664 Pager/Voicemail 1-408-787-1281
#---
# Export PGP three lines a time --> http://dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/export/
M0V]N9W)E<W,@<VAA;&P@;6%K92!N;R!L87<@+BXN(&%B<FED9VEN9R!T:&4@
M9G)E961O;2!O9B!S<&5E8V@L(&]R(&]F('1H92!P<F5S<SL-"F]R('1H92!R