1995-07-22 - An idea about Java and remailer clients and servers…

Header Data

From: Phil Fraering <pgf@tyrell.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d7826db60d4705cc2ea7fdaf74269c21c5949a2540a0e1e41ac9795c18361859
Message ID: <199507221301.AA27475@tyrell.net>
Raw Date: Sat, 22 Jul 95 06:05:52 PDT

Raw message

From: Phil Fraering        <pgf@tyrell.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 95 06:05:52 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: An idea about Java and remailer clients and servers...

I think someone mentioned the possibility of running a Mixmaster
client in Java.

I was under the impression that there was a lot of common code
between the Mixmaster client and server versions, at least in
the current version.

Does it have to be the case, then, that we even have separate client
and server versions? If a new program is going to be written in Java,
can't it have the functionality of both client and server?

Why not "charge" for the ability to send an anonymous message with
the duty to have for a short time (maybe an hour or two) running on
your machine a node in a remailer network?

Phil

Thread