1995-07-14 - Checkfree/Cybercash Press release

Header Data

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e1acea38933f0533833dcb969bc281e5e70f6c18dbc8401e8b284f93893ca328
Message ID: <v02120d00ac2c20283a51@[199.0.65.105]>
Raw Date: Fri, 14 Jul 95 06:23:11 PDT

Raw message

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 95 06:23:11 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Checkfree/Cybercash Press release

> [...]
>Internet."
>    Checkfree and CyberCash will focus on developing products that can
>be easily integrated into any browser system and merchant server.  The
>new Internet transaction product offering, which will be co-branded by
>Checkfree and CyberCash, is scheduled for release this fall.  The
>product will initially be available free-of-charge via NetCom's
>NetCruiser Internet browser as well as other leading Internet browsers.
>Merchant interest to date also includes ID Software, the developers of
>Doom(TM).
>
>    About CyberCash
>    CyberCash, Inc. of Reston, Virginia, was founded in August 1994 to
>partner with financial institutions and providers of goods and services
>to deliver secure Internet payment systems.  The CyberCash approach is
>based on establishing a trusted link between the seeming unpredictable
>world of cyberspace and the traditional banking world.  CyberCash serves
>as a conduit through which payments can be transported easily, safely
>and instantaneously between buyers, sellers and their banks.
>    The CyberCash system operates on top of any general security system
>such as SSL or Secure HTTP.  CyberCash beta software is currently
>available free-of-charge and can be downloaded from the company's WWW
>server at http://www.cybercash.com.  The company's initial service that
>accepts payments using any major credit card is scheduled for full
>commercial deployment this summer.  Electronic cash services are
>expected by the end of 1995.
>    CyberCash's principal founders, Bill Melton and Dan Lynch, have
>brought together a team with unparalleled experience in credit card and
>debit card automation, internet telecommunications and security.  In
>April, CyberCash was chosen by Interactive Age as one of the 100 Best
>Business Web Sites.  For further information about CyberCash, access its
>WWW server or call 800-9CYBER1.
>
>    About Checkfree
>    Checkfree Corporation, the nation's leading electronic commerce
>company, last year processed more than $6 billion in payments for
>consumers and corporate clients, with more than six million consumers
>and one million businesses benefiting from its services.  Checkfree
>serves consumers, business and financial institutions with a wide array
>of product and service offerings, each finely tuned to the specific
>needs of its users.  All leverage Checkfree's extensive technology
>infrastructure which includes its patented and proven electronic bill
>payment system.  Founded in 1981, Checkfree Corporation is headquartered
>in Columbus, Ohio, where it employs 370 full-time associates.  Checkfree
>is privately held.
>    For additional information about Checkfree, access its worldwide web
>server at: http://www.checkfree.com
>    -0-                          7/13/95
>/CONTACT:  Jennifer Sims, 415-904-7070, ext. 275 or

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com)
Shipwright Development Corporation, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131
USA (617) 323-7923
"Reality is not optional." --Thomas Sowell

Thread