1995-07-14 - Re: Root Causes

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: merriman@arn.net (David K. Merriman)
Message Hash: e42d7489069f461575fde929d129597ae6012a07196c99e687fdbcf5210f52de
Message ID: <9507140252.AA13485@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <199507140151.UAA01504@arnet.arn.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-07-14 02:53:08 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 13 Jul 95 19:53:08 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 95 19:53:08 PDT
To: merriman@arn.net (David K. Merriman)
Subject: Re: Root Causes

David K. Merriman writes:
> Specifically, I wonder if it wouldn't be a better approach to *prevent* such
> measures from ever being proposed in the first place.
>
> Is there any precedence or possibility of either filing civil or criminal
> charges against a Government official for their _official_ actions?

Not only is it a bad idea politically, but in fact members of congress
are made specifically immune by the constitution from any legal action
being taken against them for their words or actions during sessions of
congress by any body other than congress.

.pm

Thread