1995-08-01 - Re: Software Glitch FYI

Header Data

From: adam@bwh.harvard.edu (Adam Shostack)
To: lindat@iquest.net (Dr. Linda D. Thompson - American Justice Federation)
Message Hash: 0572a0b64e1cc520b80b2f45e3426a1f5abbb42516ea684837bcf0323b49bbfb
Message ID: <9508011623.AA01033@waller.harvard.edu>
Reply To: <m0sdBF0-001ehcC@dorite1.iquest.net>
UTC Datetime: 1995-08-01 16:25:00 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Aug 95 09:25:00 PDT

Raw message

From: adam@bwh.harvard.edu (Adam Shostack)
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 95 09:25:00 PDT
To: lindat@iquest.net (Dr. Linda D. Thompson - American Justice Federation)
Subject: Re: Software Glitch FYI

	I would think that it is in fact necessary for Congress to fix
their email system.  Asking me to change my work habits to make the
Congressmen's lives easier is a prime example of whats wrong with
Congress.  30 millions people should act differently so that
postmaster@house.gov doesn't have to do his job?

| A Congressman's aid called me today to explain that if you send email to all
| the Congressmen's offices at one time, the software at their end causes each
| Congressman to receive 50 copies.
|
| Please be sure everyone is aware of this glitch.
|
| To prevent 50 copies from being sent to each Congressman, it is necessary to
| break the mailing list into 5-10 addresses at a time.

Adam

					               -Hume

Thread