1995-08-25 - All about Bernstein

Header Data

From: Peter F Cassidy <pcassidy@world.std.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2b73c8ecf4d60565005b6760c1f2c1db6e6410d793f454818a7e7e5a632246d8
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9508251129.A27523-0100000@world.std.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 25 Aug 95 08:56:32 PDT

Raw message

From: Peter F Cassidy <pcassidy@world.std.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 95 08:56:32 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: All about Bernstein

Folks,

I'm the guy who authored an upcoming piece about Bernstein's law suit
with the state department for WIRED. WIRED loves the piece but, in the
style of popular mags, wants more personal stuff on Bernstein, who is
super articulate about the science and law of crypto but super shy about
his heroic self. (Guy wouldn't even disclose his age! Had to threaten to
throw myself in front of a bus to get him to tell me he's from Long
Island!) Editor thinks guy comes across as a ghost, not surpisingly. . .

One fellow from the list, following up an appeal I made here for Friends
of Bernstein to call me and tell me about the litigant's best qualities,
I'd appreciate greatly hearing from again. He called when I'd pretty much
passed deadline for manuscript delivery. I'm calling Dan again, but after
one trip to Delphi, I dunno if the responses from the Oracle will be any
more forthcoming.

Thanks and regards to all,

Peter Cassidy

Thread