1995-08-28 - Re: Encrypted TCP, telnet, etc

Header Data

From: ghio@c2.org (Matthew Ghio)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2dba777ec0b9e00b6a8c7d029fbb96543512eab2ae05690b8cf2ca2bbb050236
Message ID: <m0snD2H-000wcWC@myriad>
Reply To: <199508280514.XAA00277@wero>
UTC Datetime: 1995-08-28 23:06:31 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 28 Aug 95 16:06:31 PDT

Raw message

From: ghio@c2.org (Matthew Ghio)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 95 16:06:31 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Encrypted TCP, telnet, etc

root <root@wero.toad.com> wrote:
>But I missed where this comes from, and I doubt I'd be able to
>drop it into my Linux in anything resembling a plug-and-play
>style. Anybody tried this?

I am using it.  It works fine on Linux and was very easy to set up.
Just -DLINUX in the makefile and build it.  Then put it in your inetd
or start the server standalone.  I use
% cryptod 49374 &
to put it on port 49374 (Look at it in hex ;-)

My biggest gripe with it is that it doesn't like Sparcs too much.
I finally did get it to compile but it still seems to occasionally
crash during key-exchange for no apparent reason. :(
Which is weird because it never crashes under Linux.  oh well.

I'm using v0.9, which I got from utopia.  Is there a newer version?

Thread