1995-08-11 - Re: “Protect the children” as passphrase to Constitution

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: 315107cdcaed1892ffdfaaaac5ece58de378d27f3db32109b4cabdec8a187c93
Message ID: <199508110813.BAA25692@ix9.ix.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 11 Aug 95 01:16:57 PDT

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 95 01:16:57 PDT
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: "Protect the children" as passphrase to Constitution

At 05:35 PM 8/10/95 -0700, Tim wrote:
>- Clinton's Executive Order today which limits advertising of cigarettes,
>(Oh, and one amazing detail: the possible issuance of I.D. cards to all of
>those under the age of 18. Besides being useful for things like curfews,

What!?!?!?!  I guess I'm not totally surprised - registration of all children
has been high on Clinton's agenda ever since he's been in the White House.
One of the more blatant examples was the child vaccination proposals - which
first started out as "take over the vaccination system and register all kids
so we can remind their parents to get their shots", and gradually included
less and less control and funding of vaccination while retaining the
registration.
Sigh.
#---
#                                Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, Freelance Information Architect, stewarts@ix.netcom.com
# Phone +1-510-247-0664 Pager/Voicemail 1-408-787-1281
#---

Storyteller makes no choice - soon you will not hear his voice.
His job was to shed light, and not to master.      RIP, Jerry

Thread