1995-08-13 - Re: Significance of PGPFone?

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: 3c27fefd57233c85988b20929ab4795624a465f3c7f910e478ac5a403083de53
Message ID: <199508130528.WAA13866@ix8.ix.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 12 Aug 95 22:31:15 PDT

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 95 22:31:15 PDT
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: Significance of PGPFone?

At 09:51 AM 8/12/95 -0700, you wrote:
>* Finally, I have a "fax modem" on my Macintosh, as many of you do. Guess
>what? I went and got a real fax machine. Lots of reasons. First, my fax
>modem had to be installed just right...if inits or preferences got subtly
>shifted, it stopped working properly. Second, sending things was a bitch.
>(Had to have the scanner up and working, which was not often, etc.) Third,
>robustness.

We've got a box sitting next to the laser printer that receives faxes
and prints them on real paper, which is more reliable (and quieter and
lower-powered) than leaving the computer on, though it does require
leaving the printer on.  But for outgoing faxes, much of what I send
is from the computer anyway, so it's less of a problem (though, without
a scanner, I'm more likely to only fax stuff that I generated on the
computer than drive to Kinkos...)

Perhaps we also need to build PGPfax?
#---
#                                Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, Freelance Information Architect, stewarts@ix.netcom.com
# Phone +1-510-247-0664 Pager/Voicemail 1-408-787-1281
#---

Storyteller makes no choice - soon you will not hear his voice.
His job was to shed light, and not to master.      RIP, Jerry

Thread