1995-08-24 - Re: Brute SSL Challenge

Header Data

From: aba@dcs.exeter.ac.uk
To: blane@com.eskimo
Message Hash: 4130413feb532fcfccb8d201a06f264f44782562aa0e3e596a2ef1a1220c277b
Message ID: <13157.9508241956@exe.dcs.exeter.ac.uk>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950824122951.12822D-100000@eskimo.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-08-24 19:58:49 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 24 Aug 95 12:58:49 PDT

Raw message

From: aba@dcs.exeter.ac.uk
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 95 12:58:49 PDT
To: blane@com.eskimo
Subject: Re: Brute SSL Challenge

>  In the same vein, a 32 bit OS2 version would be nice.

There a 32 bit OS2 app which TJ Hardin compiled, it's on the ftp and
web site.  It was compiled with the OS2 version of gcc.

>   I'm not sure how brutessl works exactly, but if it could connect to the
> server, get its key assignments, and then chug away while disconnected
> from the net I could see what kind of speed I get out of my 40MHz 486.

A the moment, there is no C code version of the client, it's perl
only, and I suspect would not work under OS/2 even with the perl for
OS2 even without a fair bit of work.

You could, however, use the WWW key doler, there's a place where you
can request keyspace.

Adam

Thread