1995-08-21 - Re: RealAudio website temporary passwordRe: RealAudio website temporary password

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 557b17c35e9d531d76cda838089c9e8e164dbca545364e966f6007bcbf2395e1
Message ID: <199508210540.HAA04886@utopia.hacktic.nl>
Raw Date: Sun, 20 Aug 95 22:40:19 PDT

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 95 22:40:19 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: RealAudio website temporary passwordRe: RealAudio website temporary password

The Cypherpunks RealAudio free account is now activated with password
"writecode" (case sensitive -- make them letters small).

The user name is still "cypherpu".  RealAudio.com does not truncate names
longer than 8 characters during login (meaning "cypherpunks" fails), but
their signup page won't allow entry of more than 8.  Silly.

Don't have too much fun listening to NPR, now...

> Date: Sun, 20 Aug 1995 21:49:23 -0700
> From: RealAudio Welcome Wagon <welcome@realaudio.com>
> To: cypherpunks@toad.com
> Subject: RealAudio website temporary password
> Sender: owner-cypherpunks@toad.com
>
> This is an automatic response to your request for a free user account
> on the RealAudio site. Welcome to the world of RealAudio.
>
> The following temporary password will only be used once,
> in order to activate the username and password you
> selected for yourself during signup.
> To activate your account, please visit our Account Activation page
> at http://www.RealAudio.com/welcome.html
> and enter the temporary password in the proper blank.
>
> The user name you selected is:
>
> cypherpu
>
> Your temporary RealAudio password is:
>
> Toledo.Francisco
>
> If you have trouble with the software, please refer to
>  the RealAudio FAQ and Technical Notes available at
>  http://www.RealAudio.com/help.html
>
> You can also contact us through http://www.RealAudio.com/comment.html
>
> Thank you for becoming a RealAudio user.

Thread