1995-08-12 - Re: Bank Fees and E-Cash

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@echeque.com>
To: Tatjana vonBernhardi <unicorn@access.digex.net>
Message Hash: 5785d6c5fae04677b60106bc3df39c9849fb1d29dda290bbdb6952a031f25dc0
Message ID: <199508121900.MAA19501@blob.best.net>
Raw Date: Sat, 12 Aug 95 12:01:49 PDT

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 95 12:01:49 PDT
To: Tatjana vonBernhardi <unicorn@access.digex.net>
Subject: Re: Bank Fees and E-Cash

At 02:53 PM 8/11/95 -0400, Tatjana vonBernhardi wrote:
> you have surpassed yourself in assumption here.
>
> your hope that e-cash will some how reduce bank fees is a long stretch.

Eventually people will bypass the banks, directly transferring funds
to each other.  This will reduce the banks fees to zero.  The
banks will gradually lose control of the indecently lucrative
funds transfer business, and have to go to the bread and butter
business of borrowing short and lending long, and evaluating
credit worthiness, and providing guarantees of payment.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com

Thread