1995-08-04 - Re: IPng6, SWIPE, ssh, etc.

Header Data

From: “Matt Miszewski (IAAL - I AM a lawyer!)” <crypto@midex.com>
To: “Stephen D. Williams” <sdw@lig.net>
Message Hash: 7d8e922dfa9aea7d68ea217271c922f4b24705ba83d79a2005d3e8ea5b6c4abc
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9508050050.A14679-0100000@shaq.midex.com>
Reply To: <m0seRLR-0009yuC@sdwsys>
UTC Datetime: 1995-08-04 22:58:57 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 4 Aug 95 15:58:57 PDT

Raw message

From: "Matt Miszewski (IAAL - I AM a lawyer!)" <crypto@midex.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 95 15:58:57 PDT
To: "Stephen D. Williams" <sdw@lig.net>
Subject: Re: IPng6, SWIPE, ssh, etc.

On Fri, 4 Aug 1995, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

> I'm interested in hacking Linux, loopback userspace drivers for other Unix's,
> and thinking about what would need to be done for MS-BLECH.  Of course,
> firewall like conversion of IP<->IPng6 would be great.

Please keep me informed of your progress.  Does anyone out there have a
somewhat comprehensive listing of these or other implementations
already ported to Linux?  I am intending on setting up an alternative
site for folks with nosey or suppressive employer accounts or private
university accounts who desire an anonymous account somewhere else.

> Of course now that Linux has IP aliasing, IP masquerading (partial I think),
> ipfw, and IP over IP tunneling, it has much of what it needs.  I'm just
> considering development and migration paths.

While they are getting better and better, I am not certain that anything
is ready to be deemed as secure as it can be.

> I haven't kept up on IPng6 docs, so succinct pointers would be helpful.

In that same spirit, does anyone have pointers to Linux specific security
implementations.  I would also be interested in ported implementations of
remailers, or other annonymity protecting services.

> --
> Stephen D. Williams 25Feb1965 VW,OH (FBI ID) sdw@lig.net http://www.lig.net/sdw
> Consultant, Vienna,VA Mar95- 703-918-1491W 43392 Wayside Cir.,Ashburn, VA 22011
> OO/Unix/Comm/NN       ICBM/GPS: 39 02 37N, 77 29 16W home, 38 54 04N, 77 15 56W
> Pres.: Concinnous Consulting,Inc.;SDW Systems;Local Internet Gateway Co.;28May95

Matt

Thread