1995-08-18 - Re: SSL challenge – broken !

Header Data

From: goedel@tezcat.com (Dietrich J. Kappe)
To: David Neal <dneal@usis.com>
Message Hash: 96b6f48e5107a1f86dcf61683f9342503722eeeee6bde6540b1c49d641a70811
Message ID: <v01510100ac5aa405a6e4@[206.1.161.4]>
Raw Date: Fri, 18 Aug 95 12:13:17 PDT

Raw message

From: goedel@tezcat.com (Dietrich J. Kappe)
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 95 12:13:17 PDT
To: David Neal <dneal@usis.com>
Subject: Re: SSL challenge -- broken !

David Neal wrote:
>On 18 Aug 1995, Panzer Boy wrote:
>> John Pettitt (jpp@software.net) wrote:
>> : Huh?  So you run on 120 workstations worth how much?  to steal a credit
>> : card number worth how much?  Get real - there are hundreds of ways
>> : to get credit card numbers that cost less.
>>
>> Has anyone thought about starting up a distributed rc4 cracking web.
>> Send in your message to a web server form, it will then spawn of requests
>> to a pool of machines willing to try cracking rc4 for you.  Allow anyone
>> to offer up spare cycles towards the effort.
>>

>I suggested that very thing just yesterday in the list, but my message
>seems to have gone awry.  In short, I suggested we use E-Cash payments
>for cracking efforts.  This would establish a reward for participating
>and an 'exchange rate' for e-cash at the same time.

I'd we willing to set up a "crackweb" mailing list, or perhaps a site to
register your machine(s) with % available and MIPS ratings.

DJK

Thread