1995-08-25 - SSL Challenge: Are we in trouble?

Header Data

From: “Peter Trei” <trei@process.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a42a7340977de37a2f9ddc77507b1e4673667eca3652f0abddeb9859eec76bb0
Message ID: <9508251423.AA15417@toad.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 25 Aug 95 07:24:04 PDT

Raw message

From: "Peter Trei" <trei@process.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 95 07:24:04 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: SSL Challenge: Are we in trouble?

Well, the server appears to be unable to serve cgi scripts - I get
'500 - server error' whenever I try. I cannot report the ~500 segments
I swept overnight, nor get new keyspace.

I thing it's gotten to the point where the server is the bottleneck on
this operation - we seem to have plenty of cpu for sweeps. This will
damage our primary goal - to demonstrate how fast 40 bits can be
swept.

Piete, Adam, could you put a note on the /bute/ root page describing the
server status?

Thanks

Peter Trei
Senior Software Engineer