1995-08-22 - Re: True Names and Webs of Trust

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a96e808d0a9aa45067a3f7de571f3d8eebd98cbb42d3ca4f112e93cb50ceb3b5
Message ID: <ac5f5e401b021004d6d0@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Tue, 22 Aug 95 10:13:14 PDT

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 95 10:13:14 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: True Names and Webs of Trust

At 4:38 PM 8/22/95, Rich Salz wrote:
>> This has relevance to the thread Michael Froomkin raised, as well. To wit,
>> none of the people I've met has been "certified." And yet it doesn't bother
>> me.
>
>Just because you haven't been able to easily do it yet, nor found it useful,
>is no reason not to let new technology provide this service to you.

I wasn't saying I wouldn't let new technology provide this service for me.

I was just saying that lack of it has not been a problem, so far. In very
few of my dealings, even in the economic world, have I needed to have any
kind of certification.

(Buying a new house recently is where I needed certification of inspectors,
escrow agents, title companies, etc.)

--Tim May