1995-08-01 - Re: a hole in PGP

Header Data

From: danisch@ira.uka.de (Hadmut Danisch)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: afa242bafea08e04c7ed4c48485fd4a39d74cbb6095ccde0d5b814a1f3403917
Message ID: <9508011127.AA11306@elysion.iaks.ira.uka.de>
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Aug 95 04:35:47 PDT

Raw message

From: danisch@ira.uka.de (Hadmut Danisch)
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 95 04:35:47 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: a hole in PGP

> This is where you are very wrong.  I am not saying that "if you can't
> find any holes it must be secure".  What I am saying is that the
> source is available, and thousands of people have looked at the
> source, and none of them have found any holes in it.

It is definitely much more difficult to implant a backdoor into a program
which is available as source code than into a black box.

BTW: Has anyone ever found a modified and weakened version of pgp ?

Hadmut

Thread