1995-08-23 - Re: e$: The Book-Entry/Certificate Distinction

Header Data

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b2cb5fd9f63a03c84b26b942c0ca88123cc0d67fbf9b2e61aa929711d8b55e6f
Message ID: <v02120d01ac610fa3b88c@[199.0.65.105]>
Raw Date: Wed, 23 Aug 95 10:31:55 PDT

Raw message

From: rah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 95 10:31:55 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: e$: The Book-Entry/Certificate Distinction

At 1:06 PM 8/23/95, Timothy C. May wrote:

>Whoah, there!
>
>I wasn't saying we were "quibbling" about definitions, I was saying that
>different people have different names for things and different
>interpretations, and that it behooves us to figure out what the real
>definitions are, the standard names, and not invent new names when existing
>names will do.

Agreed. My apologies for characterizing it as "quibbling". Chain-gun
Hettinga here, type first, and let God sort 'em out. A meta-reference to
the problem I was talking about, I suppose. And, given what Perry said
later, it's not so much a fight over definitions as I thought.

>And that one benefit of class libraries for the "things" of commerce,
>finance, crypto, etc., may be make it clearer what is being described.

Amen.

Tim, just what does "aptical" mean? ;-).

Cheers,
Bob

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com)
Shipwright Development Corporation, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131
USA (617) 323-7923
"Reality is not optional." --Thomas Sowell

Thread