1995-08-12 - Re: IPSEC goes to RFC

Header Data

From: Bob Snyder <rsnyder@janet.advsys.com>
To: dneal@usis.com>
Message Hash: cfa3c3f2391264c7181b5212fe041173d2cb3dda696f47390708c00b94d11129
Message ID: <199508120315.XAA14852@janet.advsys.com>
Reply To: <Pine.BSI.3.91.950810134314.7478B-100000@usis.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-08-12 03:15:06 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 11 Aug 95 20:15:06 PDT

Raw message

From: Bob Snyder <rsnyder@janet.advsys.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 95 20:15:06 PDT
To: dneal@usis.com>
Subject: Re: IPSEC goes to RFC

dneal@usis.com said:
> I'd like to also volunteer to do the linux port, whether it be
> coordination patches, hacking code, finding people, whatever.

> Also, if other cypherpunk subscribers feel that this topic is
> inappropriate for the list (not likely) or that it would generate too
> much traffic for the list (?) I can create a new majordomo list
> dedicated to the effort in 10 minutes.

The detailed discussions of planning such a port probably are inappropriate
for cypherpunks.  Lord knows we need to conserve space for Foster conspiracy
theories.....

I think a seperate list might not be a bad idea.  Either on your server or on
something like vger.rutgers.edu, which is pretty much the linux mailing center
of the universe right now. :-)

We should probably also check on comp.os.linux.networking and linux-net@vger.rutgers.edu to make sure someone isn't already working on this.

The ideal author would be outside the US, since the patches would need to be mailed to Linus for inclusion in the kernel, and that brings up some interesting ITAR issues.

Bob

Thread