1995-08-27 - Re: proliferations of voicesystems

Header Data

From: dr261@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Tobin T Fricke)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fabea64cfff927b40b17760af119b2bb6285a580db014ce5106fbeb10a5940d3
Message ID: <199508270234.WAA07065@kanga.INS.CWRU.Edu>
Raw Date: Sat, 26 Aug 95 19:35:03 PDT

Raw message

From: dr261@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Tobin T Fricke)
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 95 19:35:03 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: proliferations of voicesystems

I'd have to agree with you (Ray) completely about the need for
standards for the voice internet communications software.  I
think it would be best to draw up a standard and disseminate
it rather than wait for one to emerge out of a product.  If
a standard is designed, it could be designed with portability
and extensions in mind, whereas if something like InternetPhone
became a de-facto standard, it would probably be more
difficult to add upon and port to alternate platforms.

Tobin Fricke, Alias Light Ray         dr261@cleveland.freenet.edu
TobinTech Engineering                 KE6WHF Amateur Radio
The Digital Forest BBS                (714) 586-6142, 28800bps

Thread