1995-09-18 - Good random seeds

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2175ba5acf72e02925ebdd5d4308dc8dcdbbde4fb7dcd92bb6e4cef1c1088162
Message ID: <199509181510.LAA01802@homeport.org>
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Sep 95 08:10:04 PDT

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 95 08:10:04 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Good random seeds

	Since we can all see how badly time works, I'd like to point out
that Will Price, author of the excellent Cryptdisk utility for the Mac,
uses mouse movements to seed his PRNG.

	His code is available for a small fee, and I'd strongly suggest
that people who need good, easy PRNs take a look at it, and also take a
long look at RFC1750, randomness reccomendations for security (or
something like that.)

Adam

					               -Hume

					               -Hume