1995-09-27 - Re: Netscape as vehicle for cypherpunk agenda/the cypherpunk bully pulpit

Header Data

From: karlton <karlton@netscape.com>
To: sameer <sameer@c2.org>
Message Hash: 28ad2cf7392e91041d03256560d5ac4f29d514de584ec4c32cdff1547b0fe5dd
Message ID: <3068A092.31E4@netscape.com>
Reply To: <199509251741.KAA04656@infinity.c2.org>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-27 00:54:15 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 26 Sep 95 17:54:15 PDT

Raw message

From: karlton <karlton@netscape.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 95 17:54:15 PDT
To: sameer <sameer@c2.org>
Subject: Re: Netscape as vehicle for cypherpunk agenda/the cypherpunk bully pulpit

sameer wrote:

>         I haven't seen any mention of this feature in 2.0, so if the
> feature exists in 2.0, then great! Otherwise, unless Netscape is going
> to allow for alternte cert agencies on a specific timescale, I think
> we have to do something about it in order to force the issue.

Netscape has already annonced that for 2.0, the user will be able to accept (trust)
(or reject) any set of certificate authorities for signing of certificates.

I briefly looked for a copy of that announcement, but I could not find it.

PK
--
Philip L. Karlton                       karlton@netscape.com
Principal Curmudgeon                    http://www.netscape.com/people/karlton