1995-09-13 - Dirty Jobs Ad

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2e6ea54ac9f90368eb0e34f620728caa508572a3aac7db5cd228b178f84f6622
Message ID: <199509131415.QAA00857@utopia.hacktic.nl>
Raw Date: Wed, 13 Sep 95 07:15:44 PDT

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 95 07:15:44 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Dirty Jobs Ad

NY Times, Sept 13, 1995. For the outawork:

C.I.A.'s Chief Calls Covert Action a Must

Washington, Sept. 12 -- The Central Intelligence Agency
will maintain, and perhaps increase, its covert
operations abroad and continue to hire informers from
terrorist cells, military regimes and drug syndicates,
the new Director of Central Intelligence said today.

The Director, John M. Deutch, called espionage "the core
mission of the Central Intelligence Agency." That mission
has been questioned by critics of the C.I.A. in Congress
and the foreign-policy establishment, who wonder whether
the rewards of secret information are worth the risks of
undertaking covert operations and recruiting murderous
and corrupt foreign agents.

-----

Thread