1995-09-27 - Re: PGP and FBI?

Header Data

From: Deranged Mutant <rrothenb@ic.sunysb.edu>
To: dmandl@panix.com
Message Hash: 2fe28480697d42196bb8fabaf0ada91ea559b569d1bc6e0da3aac1119a9b5dec
Message ID: <199509271555.LAA14563@libws4.ic.sunysb.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950927101916.10713A-100000@panix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1995-09-27 15:55:24 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Sep 95 08:55:24 PDT

Raw message

From: Deranged Mutant <rrothenb@ic.sunysb.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 95 08:55:24 PDT
To: dmandl@panix.com
Subject: Re: PGP and FBI?

> On Wed, 27 Sep 1995, Deranged Mutant wrote:
>
> > There's some sort of documentary on WBAI 99.5 FM out of NYC now.
> > They're talking about PGP and right wing militias... the guy being
> > interviewed called PGP a "one time pad system" and doesn't understand
> > it... *sigh*
>
> Any more details on this?  I know people who do shows on BAI.  What
> was the date/time of the show?  If this is true, it's pretty sad,
> especially since BAI's well known for being a "political" station.

I forget the name of the show, it was on Tues. night (last night) after
Pacifica (around midnight)... I wrote and sent the message while I was
hearing it.  I stopped after bleating out the message and listened to
some of the show, which was about right wing militias, Weaver case, Okla bomb,
etc... turns out I missed the short part where the person being interviewed
(duh, should've written his name down) mentioned PGP, which he also said
stood for "Pretty Good Program".  Wish I had more details of the show...

(BTW, I'm temporarily off the c'punks list)

Rob

>    --Dave.
>
> --
> Dave Mandl