1995-09-19 - Re: Caribbean Internet Services?

Header Data

From: cman@communities.com (Douglas Barnes)
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: 320515de7dd58986f781f4393c80e85c9bad6a0b25185fe851bf58cdd7d86f18
Message ID: <v02120d0cac83d29f4af9@[199.2.22.120]>
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Sep 95 17:59:21 PDT

Raw message

From: cman@communities.com (Douglas Barnes)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 95 17:59:21 PDT
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: Caribbean Internet Services?

Actually, it just highlights the need to make sure one is relying
on buried/underwater cables, as well as the importance of hurricane
resistant architecture.

Virtually all of the buildings destroyed would have been obviously
unsuitable for locating important servers even before this recent
reminder.

Note that this is not an endorsement or a condemnation of "Libertaria
in Cyberspace" or in any particular physical location.

>I suspect "Caribbean Data Havens" and "Internet Sites" are further off than
>they were a few months ago.
>
>--Tim May

>Timothy C. May              | Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,
>tcmay@got.net  408-728-0152 | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
>Corralitos, CA              | knowledge, reputations, information markets,
>Higher Power: 2^756839      | black markets, collapse of governments.
>"National borders are just speed bumps on the information superhighway."

Thread