1995-09-15 - More on ECheques

Header Data

From: “John Hemming CEO MarketNet” <JohnHemming@mkn.co.uk> (by way ofrah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga))
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3eeb5ed9b3f81b629954f0b91742ff761f9a0525dcad51dc8c12cfc06775981e
Message ID: <v02120d01ac7f4a0f2771@[199.0.65.105]>
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Sep 95 08:23:21 PDT

Raw message

From: "John Hemming CEO MarketNet"  <JohnHemming@mkn.co.uk> (by way ofrah@shipwright.com (Robert Hettinga))
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 95 08:23:21 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: More on ECheques

Version 0.1 (beta) of WorkHorse has now been put on the ftp site together
with instructions as to how to use it to pay for things with ECheques.

You are welcome to test ECheques on our live floristry service.  To
do this:

1.  Download WorkHorse ftp://193.119.26.70/mktnet/pub/horse.zip
2.  Follow the instructions for generating a key.
       a) Generate Key  System/security/key gen (please use 512 bits)
       b) Specify your user details Alter/my details (put in a bank a/c no)
3.  Don't worry about registering the key (unless you really want the
     flowers and have a BankNet account)
4.  Try
     http://alpha.mkn.co.uk/load ordflow   .. or
     http://beta.mkn.co.uk/load ordflow   .. or
     http://epsilon.mkn.co.uk/load ordflow
5.  Don't fill in credit card details .   Please put a name of Test or
     testing.  Click the button for ECheque (or electronic cheque)
6.  Send the form.

If you can easily trace the conversation it will be interesting.  The
system will automatically go into SSL with 128 bit RC4.  It will generate
a signed instruction and transmit that in the secure session.  If you want
to see how the form works save the html source.  You can set it up
on another server and receive the signed instruction yourself if you
want.  You can use workhorse to check the signature.

(The first live ECheque was issued on Wednesday).

Thread