1995-09-08 - Re: Notes from NIS&T Key Escrow Export conference.

Header Data

From: “Pat Farrell” <pfarrell@netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 53aaa2e62137778961a8d1f5feb8b4a2e4d59d00e0f9a7dd47d17124c4c41577
Message ID: <76629.pfarrell@netcom.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Sep 95 18:18:20 PDT

Raw message

From: "Pat Farrell" <pfarrell@netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 95 18:18:20 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Notes from NIS&T Key Escrow Export conference.

  "Peter Trei" <trei@process.com>  writes:
> I think we can infer from this that the USG has, or soon expects to have,
> the ability to brute 64 bits of key.

That is what I heard (implied) too. If not today, in a reasonably
foreseeable future. Remember, this is not an issue today, only weirdos
such as the c'punks care today. The govies move slowly. They are
setting the stage for tomorrow.

>> It is clear that this meeting is a shame. Everyone in industry
> A shame certainly, but I suspect you meant 'sham' (not a spelling flame,
> the difference in meaning is important).

Sorry for the typo, yes, I meant sham, fake, theater, all smoke  and
mirrors, nothing sincere, etc. See reference to "stage" above.

All typos are mine.

Pat

Pat Farrell    Grad Student      http://www.isse.gmu.edu/students/pfarrell
Info. Systems & Software Engineering, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
PGP key available on homepage               #include <standard.disclaimer>

Thread